Wednesday 26 August 2015

Diary Entry 1



Spring 1609

Dear Diary,
I have held the chair of Mathematics at the Universities of Pisa and Padua, I have determined that the distance fallen by a body is proportional to the square of the elapsed time, and thus, perfecting the law of falling bodies and I have had time to reflect upon my work in the area of Mechanics. Since my birth on the 15th of February in 1564, I have accomplished and contributed to the scientific community of the world highly to say the least. However, my highest rated contributions have came in the field of Astronomy heavily aided by the birth of the idea of the telescope, and my own adaptions of the device. I have observed Kepler's Supernova of 1604, discovered the moon's of Jupiter, the phases of Venus, identified sunspots and clearly defined the surface of the moon. However, my largest yet most controversial scientific contribution, is my acceptance, promoting and research of the heliocentric model of the universe. However, despite this being against the church, I Galileo Galilei will not cease to support the models which I know to be correct. My evidence to this being my other discoveries, especially Jupiter and it's moons and the phases of Venus.




I will continue to research my model and allow for discussions to occur.
Galileo Galilei signing out.

                                                                                                                                                                 
Heliocentric Model

No comments:

Post a Comment